INFINITI achieves eighth consecutive global sales record
- INFINITI achieved eighth consecutive sales record in 2017 with 246,492 vehicles sold globally, a 7% increase.
- INFINITI Americas achieved all-time sales record with 168,740 vehicles sold (+10%), with U.S. (153,415 vehicles, +11%) and Canada (12,433 vehicles, +3%) each setting all-time records.
- INFINITI China achieved all-time record for December with 5,823 vehicles sold (+24%) and marked a record year in 2017 with 48,408 vehicles sold, a 16% increase.
- INFINITI sold 16,625 vehicles in Europe in 2017, and 6,141 vehicles in the Middle East.
- In Asia and Oceania (6,552 vehicles sold in 2017), Taiwan finished the year with a strong achievement of 2,440 vehicle sales (+21%), an all-time record.
- INFINITI will show the Q Inspiration in Detroit, heralding a new design language for the brand.
Following the brand’s 28th birthday, INFINITI Motor Company achieved its eighth consecutive annual global sales record in 2017 with 246,492 vehicles sold, a 7% increase compared with 2016. INFINITI achieved all-time annual sales records in the U.S., Canada and China in 2017, helped by the global introductions of the Q60 coupe, the Q50 flagship sedan and the Q30/QX30 compact crossover.
In December, INFINITI sold 25,288 vehicles globally.
Christian Meunier, global division vice president for INFINITI sales operations and marketing, said: “We’re grateful that customers around the world increasingly appreciate the stunning design, advanced technologies and premium experience we work so hard to offer. Our portfolio has never been stronger, and our design has never been as compelling or consistent. We expect the momentum to continue in 2018 with the introduction of the new QX80 full-size SUV, which just went on sale, and our all-new QX50 midsize crossover, which goes on sale in in the first quarter and features the world’s first variable-compression ratio internal combustion engine – the VC-Turbo. We’ll show the world a glimpse of our new design direction next week in Detroit with the debut of a stunning, new sedan concept designed to accommodate future powertrain and autonomous technologies.”
INFINITI will reveal the Q Inspiration on Jan. 15, at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. Representing the next step in INFINITI design, the exterior of Q Inspiration features clear and concise lines and eschews classical sedan forms with its elongated silhouette. It’s the first manifestation of INFINITI’s new form language for an era of advanced powertrains and presents a design vision for vehicles in this segment.